I've received a few emails today asking why the SuperLiga game against Atlas is being played in St. Louis and not in Kansas City. I've been told that there are a few reasons why the Wizards will be playing this game on the opposite side of the state.
1. The obvious reason is that Community America Ballpark is unavailable due to the T-Bones already having a home game scheduled for that date.
2. The dates for SuperLiga have been set in stone by MLS, FMF, and SUM so there is no way the date of the game can be moved.
3. Arrowhead is out due to the current renovations.
4. The site has to allow beer and liquor advertisements to be put up. This rules out all high school sites around the city including ODAC, BVAC, CBAC, and Ray-Pec.
5. The site has to be a grass facility without football lines. This rules out the home of the KC Brass, William Jewell, Rockhurst University, and MU.
6. The facility has to be wide enough, which rules out a short trip to Lawrence and KU.
I'm not overly happy about it like many of you, but it's the unfortunate situation KC is in without a soccer specific stadium.